Sometimes when you’re first starting out as a small business, it can be difficult to get your marketing up and flowing. Here are five useful tips to help nudge you along .
- Get On the Internet! The Internet is, by far, one of the most affordable and effective ways for getting information out to consumers and others in your niche. As the saying goes, “Anyone can create a website,” and it’s true. There are plenty of Internet marketing companies out there to help you with this!
- Blog it Up! One way in which businesses succeed is by having a blog. In this regard, blogs function as a vehicle for driving traffic directly to your site or business. Not only that, they also help you send and receive feedback directly to your consumers.
- Socialize! When someone leaves a comment on your blog, send them a quick email or leave a comment on their blog. Joining social networking sites such as Digg, StumbleUpon and Technorati will help you meet other like-minded people and will increase the exposure to your site. Also consider joining forums for discussion purposes as well as looking into article submissions and link exchanges. These are all great things!
- Easy on the Sales Pitch! Nobody likes a salesman. When you’re running a business, you have to realize that it’s not all about you and your bottom line; it’s about them-the consumers. Tailor your thinking to this, and if someone shows interest, take it easy versus going for the kill. This will yield you much better results in the long run.
- Go Viral! Sites like YouTube and Hulu are wildly popular. In the case of YouTube, anyone can upload videos. If your business is the type that might benefit from something like this, give it a try. People may get a better grasp of what you’re about if they can visualize it.