HOT TIPS and HOW-TO’S from ‘BRANDING AND MARKETING YOUR BLOG FOR BUSINESS (NORTH AMERICAN EDITION)’
Over the last 2 decades, the online marketing and branding industry has boomed to an extentthat no one could have foreseen. Blogging has become an indispensable part of that business strategy. Whether you’re a business or a freelancer, blogging and online marketing are unrivalled ways to ensure your website is full of useful content, communicate your message to your target audience, and enable your site to perform well in search engine rankings.
In this free downloadable ebook from Act-on, some of North America’s best online professionals, branding experts, marketing gurus and successful bloggers offer their expert advice on how to brand and market yourself online. We delve into topics such as: Why marketing is important : How to create a strong online brand : How to implement a good start-up marketing strategy : Sure-fire techniques for search engine optimization : How to interact effectively on social media : Using visual imagery to get your content noticed : And much more.
Here,to whet your appetite, are 6 hot tips from the experts’ mouths:
- THE RIGHT BRANDING: All successful businesses understand the importance of effective branding.This involves creating an IMAGE and STYLE that appeals to your target audience and reflects what your company is all about. By developing a consistent and attractive PERSONA for your online business, you can maximize its appeal and build loyalty among readers and potential customers. The persona you choose should be reflected in everything you or your business does, from your website’s theme, to its tone of voice, color palette, typeface and graphics.
- THE YOU FACTOR: What distinguishes your blog from the millions of others out there is … YOU. What your readers crave most of all from your content is AUTHENTICITY – a personal touch that they can trust and connect with. Factual info has a much more limited appeal than ideas and opinions that come from actual people. Be sure to give your words PERSONALITY. Speak in your own style, don’t be afraid to offer your opinions. It’s your take on things, your insights, life experience and particular way of seeing the world that will draw readers to your posts. Giving your blog a PERSONAL STAMP will also stop it from vanishing in boring bland-land.
- A TWO-WAY EXCHANGE: Reader interaction is vital to a successful blog, and that means you have to create CONTENT that genuinely ENGAGES your audience. One way to do this is to ask thought-provoking questions that get your audience thinking and then offer some solutions for debate. Don’t be shy to SHARE your posts on social platforms too. This is a great way to get more reader engagement and grow your reach.
- VISUAL ATTRACTION: A blog exists in the VISUAL medium, so paying extra attention to this aspect is a must. You don’t need to be a professional designer to work good visuals into your brand, blog and social mediacontent.There’s a lot you can do just with simple adjustments. Make sure your HEADERS are striking enough to catch attention. Take some time to develop your COLOR SET. Test some FONT pairings, and get yourself at least two good fonts: one for your headings and one for your paragraphs. Sprinkle in relevant IMAGES that reinforce the text and, to some extent, replace it: take heed of the truism that ‘a picture is worth a thousand words’.
- MARKETING YOUR BRAND: Once you have your brand locked down, the next step is a decent marketing strategy that will get your online business offerings seen by the people who are most likely to respond to them. BLOGGING has proven to be one of the most effective ways to market yourself successfully. Getting your posts noticed can be a challenge, especially when you’re new to the game. But once they’ve attracted the RIGHT AUDIENCE, they can be indispensable in helping to build trust in your brand, position you as a thought leader in your niche, and grow the LOYAL CUSTOMER BASE you want.
- MAXIMIZEYOUR VISIBILITY: The ability for your business website to be found easily online is key to everything. Good CONTENT with cleverly embedded KEYWORDS is one vital tip for SEARCH ENGINE MAXIMIZATION. But another is to optimize exposure to your posts by distributing themas widely as possible. Make sure you promote them across SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS like Twitter and Facebook, and make it easy for your readers to share your content across these sites too, by including easily recognizable SHARE LINKS on each post. GUEST BLOGGING is anothergreat strategy to build exposure and influence and increase your reach.
7.BE SOCIAL:Above all,if you want your online business to take off, this is the strategy you can’t neglect.Social media is just that – social. It’s about joining in the conversation online. This element of web marketing is unavoidable in 2016, and is something businesses and bloggers alike should be embracing in order to reinforce their brand message, build authority online in their niche area, and – most importantly – interact effectively with those who follow their brand.